The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has released a free toolkit to help hospitals use the AHRQ Inpatient Quality Indicators and Patient Safety Indicators to improve care, according to a press release.
The Toolkit is designed for a variety of hospital-based users, including senior leaders, quality staff, and improvement teams, and is organized into seven sections:
1. Determining Readiness to Change
2. Applying QIs to the Hospital Data
3. Identifying Priorities for Quality Improvement
4. Implementing Improvements
5. Monitoring Progress for Sustainable Improvements
6. Analyzing Return on Investment
7. Using Other Resources
The kit can be download at: http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/qitoolkit.
(Source: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Patient Safety Update, http://www.ahrq.gov, January 24, 2012)