Pulsed Xenon UV Light reduces C. Diff from hospital rooms six times better than bleach

Pulsed Xenon UV light has been shown to reduce C. diff by 95 percent in infected hospital rooms, according to a study at the The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.

 A press release by Xenex states that for the study, high-touch surfaces in rooms previously occupied by C. diff-infected patients were sampled after discharge, both before and after cleaning using bleach or a non-bleach cleaning followed by 15 minutes of Pulsed Xenon UV light.  The bleach cleaning reduced C. diff by 70% on tested surfaces.  The Pulsed Xenon UV light treatment reduced C. diff by 95%.  

(Sources: The Advisory Board Daily Briefing, http://advisory.com; October 2, 2012; Xenex Press Release, http://www.xenex.com, September 18, 2012)