HealthGrades has released a report on Obstetrics and Gynecology in American Hospitals, according to a press release.
The report examined data from three years from 19 states where hospital patient outcomes data are publically available. The best‐performing hospitals were designated as 5 stars, average‐performing
hospitals were designated as 3 stars, and poor‐performing hospitals were designated as 1 star.
Key findings from the report:
- 219 hospitals were rated with 5 stars for maternity care.
- 461 hospitals were rated as 5 stars for gynecologic surgery.
- 7% of women undergoing single live deliveries experienced an inhospital complication and 9% of women undergoing gynecologic surgery experienced an inhospital complication.
- Of the 19 states studied, Florida had the highest rate of c-sections, at 38.64%
- Utah had the lowest rate of c-sections, at 22.48%
A full list of hospitals receiving 5 stars in both gynecology and obstetrical care can be found at the end of the report.