The National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council, has released the National Prevention Strategy, according to AHA News Now.
The goals of the strategy are:
- Building healthy and safe community environments;
- Expanding quality preventive services in clinical and community settings;
- Empowering people to make healthy choices;
- Eliminating health disparities.
The priorities include:
- Smoking cessation;
- Preventing drug abuse and excessive alcohol use;
- Healthy eating;
- Active living;
- Injury and violence free living;
- Reproductive and sexual health;
- Mental and emotional well being.