The New Jersey Hospital Association’s Institute for Quality and Patient Safety has launched a yearlong collaborative partnership to reduce heart failure hospital readmissions and improve the quality of healthcare in New Jersey.
Goals of the initiative include:
- Gaining a better understanding of why patients are being readmitted to hospitals;
- Identifying and sharing best practices that will help reduce readmissions;
- Developing resources for hospitals and post-acute providers to improve care of heart failure patients;
- Developing resources for patients to better manage their heart failure; and
- Using lessons learned from working with the heart failure population and readmissions data and spread this information to other groups such as diabetics, other cardiac patients and patients with pneumonia.