As of April 2009, National Quality Improvement Goal (ORYX) information for the reporting period October 2007 though September 2008 is available on the Quality Check website. The update includes the following new data:
• Children’s Asthma Care (CAC-3) Home Management Plan of Care (HMPC) Document Given to Patient/Caregiver appears as a placeholder. Rates will be available on the next quarterly release.
• AMI - 6 Beta-blocker at arrival was removed and will be retired effective with discharges after March 31, 2009.
• Target Methodology has been implemented with this release of National Quality Improvement Goal data. Additional information regarding implementation of the new Target Analysis methodology for assessing hospital performance on the core measures will be available in the Quality Check User Guide: Hospitals.
The following measures are updated:
• HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Health Providers and Systems) Survey of Patients’ Hospital Experiences results are available! The data comes from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Hospital Compare Web site. The CMS HCAHPS data reporting period is April 2007 through March 2007.
• CMS 30-Day Mortality Measures File - Individual hospital 30-day mortality rate details are now included. The most updated CMS mortality data file available is as of December 10, 2008. The CMS 30-day mortality measure data reporting is for discharges July 2006 through June 2007.
(SOURCES: The Joint Commission, http://jointcommission.org, April 21, 2009)